This package contains Motorola Bluetooth, version 3.0
This document contains additional information about the product. The notes presented are the latest available.
The following topics are covered:
The installation of Motorola Bluetooth stack is provided as a separate installation package. To start installation run the BluetoothSetup.exe program and follow the installation wizard instructions.
Note: Windows administrative permissions are required for Motorola Bluetooth installation.
After installation wizard has completed and all necessary files are copied to the system, Motorola Bluetooth Tray icon is shown in System Tray and My Bluetooth icon is placed to the desktop.
Note: When launched, the product will attempt to authorize the copy of the software over the Internet. This is done as a background task without user notification.
To uninstall Motorola Bluetooth stack run un-installation wizard and make system reboot to ensure that the product is completely uninstalled.
The current version of Motorola Bluetooth stack supports the following Bluetooth Core specifications:
· Bluetooth Core 3.0+HS
· Bluetooth Core 2.1+EDR
· Bluetooth Core 2.0+EDR
· Bluetooth Core 1.2
· Bluetooth Core 1.1
The following Bluetooth profiles are supported:
Additional description about Motorola Bluetooth functionality can be found in the Motorola Bluetooth User’s Guide.
The current version of Motorola Bluetooth stack supports the following platforms:
· Windows XP x32
· Windows XP x64
ATTENTION: Carefully Read This Important Section
THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (EITHER AN
INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY), AND MOTOROLA, INC. (FOR ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS). THE RIGHT TO USE THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD ONLY ON
THE CONDITION THAT YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING LICENSE. USING THIS PRODUCT CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET
The enclosed computer program(s) ("Software") is licensed, not sold, to you by Motorola, Inc. ("Motorola") for use only under the terms of this License, and Motorola reserves any rights not expressly granted to you. You own the disk(s) on which the Software is recorded or fixed, but Motorola and its licensors retain ownership of the Software itself and its accompanying written materials, which are protected by the copyright laws of your country and international treaty provisions.
1. License. This License allows you to use one copy of the Software on a single computer at a time. To "use" the Software means that the Software is either loaded in the temporary memory (e.g., RAM) of a computer or installed on the permanent memory of a computer (e.g., hard disk).
2. Restrictions. The Software contains trade secrets in a human or machine perceivable form and, to protect them, you may not REVERSE ENGINEER, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE OR OTHERWISE REDUCE THE SOFTWARE TO ANY HUMAN OR MACHINE PERCEIVABLE FORM. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, ADAPT, TRANSLATE, RENT, LEASE, LOAN OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS BASED UPON THE SOFTWARE OR ANY PART THEREOF.
3. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. This License will terminate immediately without notice from Motorola or judicial resolution if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon such termination you must destroy the Software, all accompanying written materials and all copies thereof, and Sections 5, 6, and 7 will survive any termination.
4. Export Law Assurances. You agree that neither the Software nor any direct product thereof is being or will be shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, into any country prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act and the regulations thereunder or will be used for any purpose prohibited by the Act.
5. Warranty. The Software and written materials are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. Motorola's entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of the foregoing limited warranty will be, at Motorola's option, replacement of the disk(s) or refund the amount paid for this Software License.
NO OTHER WARRANTY IS PROVIDED BY MOTOROLA, AND MOTOROLA AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. MOTOROLA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY MOTOROLA OR AN AGENT THEREOF SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation of Remedies and Damages. Regardless of whether any remedy set forth herein fails of its essential purpose, in no event shall Motorola or any of the licensors, directors, officers, employees or affiliates of the foregoing be liable to you for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or similar damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information and the like), whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, arising out of the use or inability to use the Software or accompanying written materials, regardless of the basis of the claim and even if Motorola or a Motorola representative has been advised of the possibility of such damage. Motorola's liability to you for direct damages for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the basis of the form of the action, will be limited to the price paid for the Software that caused the damages. THIS LIMITATION WILL NOT APPLY IN CASE OF PERSONAL INJURY ONLY WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES SUCH LIABILITY WITHOUT THIS LIMITATION. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Complete Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Software and related documentation, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Motorola.
© Motorola, Inc. 2010
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
Readme Latest Updated - August 24, 2010